(July 25, 2019) – Just two weeks are left to help hundreds of Marysville, Lakewood and Tulalip students get the school supplies they need for the upcoming school year. Donations are being accepted through August 9 to help our area’s most at-risk youth.
All school supplies are needed including headphones, notebook paper, markers, pencils, erasers and more. Donations can be dropped off at designated locations throughout the area. Volunteers will also be collecting supplies Saturday, August 3, in front of Walmart at 8924 Quil Ceda Boulevard from 8:30 a.m. until 6:30 p.m.
“There are so many kids who need our help,” said Jenny Roodzant, Social Service Coordinator for the Salvation Army. “We are just asking everyone to do what you can. Every donation, big or small, makes a difference.”
Find a general school supply list at https://bit.ly/msdsuppliesorpick one up at the Marysville School District Service Center, 4220 80th Street NE.
School supplies will be accepted at the following locations or anywhere you see a yellow school supply donation barrel:
- City of Marysville Parks, Culture and Recreation, 6915 Armar Road
- Marysville Community Food Bank, 4150 88th Street NE
- Marysville School District Service Center, 4220 80th Street NE
- Marysville Tulalip Chamber of Commerce, 8825 34th Avenue NE, Suite C
- Tulalip Tribes Youth Services, 6700 Totem Beach Road
- Fred Meyer, 9925 State Avenue
- Any Marysville Fire District Station
- Marysville Library, 6120 Grove Street
- HomeStreet Bank, 1238 State Avenue
- Heritage Bank, 1031 State Avenue
- ProAction Physical Therapy, 6618 64th Street NE, Suite D
- Coastal Community Bank, 319 State Avenue #105
- Curves, 1522 3rd Street
If you are the parent or guardian of children in need of school supplies for the upcoming year, pick up an application from the Marysville School District Service Center, Salvation Army, Marysville Community Food Bank, City of Marysville Parks office, or Tulalip Tribes Youth Services. School supplies will be distributed by appointment at the Salvation Army office on August 22 and 23.
For more information about the School Supply Drive, contact Jenny Roodzant at 360-926-2228 or Jenny.Roodzant@usw.salvationarmy.org.