(LOS ANGELES) — Jake Paul is finally speaking out about why the FBI raided his home last week.

In a since-deleted YouTube video, the 23-year-old internet star slammed the “absurd” rumors he’s heard regarding the incident. 

“Just to clarify things and set the record straight, the FBI raid is entirely related to the Arizona looting situation that had happened and it’s an investigation,” Paul said. “There are rumors about it having to do with so many other things that have nothing to do with me or my character and the s*** that people are making up is absolutely absurd.” 

“That being said, when I become aware of someone around me who is doing malicious things they are immediately cut out of my life. I don’t put up with bulls***, I don’t surround myself with bad people. If someone does something bad, they will be removed from my life,” he continued. 

“My goal right now is to continue to focus on my life, myself, boxing, music,” the YouTuber added. 

As previously reported, ABC News confirmed that FBI agents obtained a search warrant and raided Paul’s home located in Calabasas, California on August 5. 

At the time, a spokesperson for the agency said in a statement, “The FBI is executing a federal search warrant at a residence in Calabasas in connection with an ongoing investigation. The affidavit in support of the search warrant is sealed and we are, therefore, prohibited from commenting as to the nature of the investigation. No arrests are planned.”

By Danielle Long
Copyright © 2020, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.