Chuck Maylin, GM, 425-304-1381 x 104
1. These rules apply to all contests conducted by S-R Broadcasting Co., Inc. d/b/a 1380 KRKO-AM, and/ or CAAM Partnership, LLC. d/b/a Classic Country 1520 KKXA-AM (the “Station”) unless otherwise specified in the specific contest rules for particular contests governed by their own separate contest rules.
Who Can Enter
2. To enter, contestants must be a legal resident of Washington State, and 21 years of age or older.
3. Employees (including, without limitation, part-time or temporary employees) of the Station, contest sponsors, any other Seattle area radio stations, and their respective parent entities, subsidiaries, affiliated companies and advertising and promotion agencies at any time during the applicable contesting period and the immediate family and other household members (i.e., spouses, parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, roommates, housemates, significant others, partners, and siblings) of each of the above are NOT eligible to enter and/or to win the Contest.
4. No purchase is necessary to enter or win. Contestants may enter as often as they wish, unless specified otherwise.
5. Contestants may only win one prize per person every thirty (30) days unless specified otherwise. For contests that run beyond thirty (30) days, contestants may only win one prize per contest.
6. Station is not responsible for any entries, Internet connections and/or telephone calls that are misdirected, lost, stolen, disconnected, not received, or are illegible. Station is not responsible for any printing errors. All entries become the property of the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned.
7. Entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. Entries that are determined to be fraudulent will be void, and the person making such an entry barred from further participation in that contest.
8. Entries that are determined by Station to be fraudulent will be void and the person making such an entry barred from further participation in the contest. Incomplete entries may be disqualified in Station’s sole discretion.
9. One or more contests may be announced from time to time. Station may run more than one contest simultaneously, but entries will only be solicited for one contest at a time.
10. For call-in contests, entrants will be asked to call in on a designated telephone line (the phone number will be given on the air) at a particular time or times. At the time that calls are solicited, the criteria for winning will be announced (e.g., first six callers, tenth caller, first caller with the correct answer). Only those calls to the specific phone number provided, at the time calls are solicited shall be eligible to win. Calls to the main radio station phone number or any other phone number are not acceptable. Winners will be selected in accordance with the criteria announced when calls are solicited. The contest will be judged by Station personnel, and the decision of the judges will be final as to all matters, including (i) the order in which calls were received and (ii) whether any answer required to be given is correct.
11. By calling the Station’s call-in or request line, each contestant gives permission and consents to Station’s recording and/or broadcasting contestant’s name, voice, participation, and the substance of the contestant’s telephone call. Contestant agrees that no additional compensation will be paid for such usage.
12. For mail-in contests, entries must be received at the announced address by the announced deadline. Mail-in entries must be legible and contain all information required.
13. Where entry boxes are used as the entry method, all entries which are: mutilated, tampered with, illegible or from ineligible entrants will be void. Entries which are not deposited in the official entry box will be void. Unless otherwise specified, only official entry blanks are eligible (no mechanical reproductions will be accepted).
14. For internet based entries, use of robotic, automatic, programmed or similar entry modes is prohibited and will be void. In case of an identity dispute, the registered user of the email account on the date of entry will be the recognized user.
15. For internet based entries when entry requires membership in the Station’s Database Email (“Station Database”): Membership is free. The Station Database is an Internet club that will entitle members to, among other things, receive information from Station and its clients, enter contests, participate in surveys and enjoy many other opportunities. There is no cost to become a member of the Station Database. To join the Station Database go to www.everettpost.com and look for the MyEverettPost link on the home page if present. Enter your email address by following the sign-up link. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of a member, the holder of the e-mail account will be deemed the person who submitted the membership. The holder of the e-mail account is the natural person who is assigned the e- mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning e- mail addresses for the second level domain associated with the e- mail address in question. Limit one membership per person and one membership per e-mail address. Members are required to provide truthful information when completing Club membership registration form. If Station determines that any registration form contains false or fraudulent information or is submitted by a person other than the one named in the form or by an ineligible entrant, such form will be disqualified and that member will be prohibited from participating in contests. If you cancel your membership during any contest in which you entered (or were automatically entered), you may no longer be eligible to win a prize in such contest, in Station’s sole discretion. Contest entry for Station Database members may be by one of the following means:
a. Members are automatically entered in contests from time to time;
b. Members may be required to complete a specific on-line entry blank for particular contests;
c. Redemption of Station Database points (if available), which have no cash value for an opportunity to enter selected contests; or
d. Other means of entry as described on-line or on-air.
16. If a name is announced on-air as a potential winner who is required to call-in to win, only the actual person who entered can win and must be the person who calls in. Persons having the same name will be disqualified if not the actual entrant.
17. All email addresses collected by Station are automatically added to Station database. Users may opt-out later if they desire by following a link provided on station emails. By submitting your email address, you consent to being contacted by the station via email from time-to-time.
18. Station Management shall be the sole arbiters in all matters relating to the contest and in the interpretation of contest rules. Their decisions may be arbitrary. Their decisions shall be final. Entry into the contests constitutes agreement by contestants to abide by these rules, as well as any other rules established by Station.
19. Prizes awarded on-air of significant value (in Station’s determination) must be picked up at the Station’s studios at 2707 Colby Ave. Suite 1380, Everett Washington 98201, during normal business hours of 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. All other prizes will be mailed to winner’s address. Station will not be responsible for lost, stolen or misdirected prizes once mailed or picked-up.
20. Prizes will be released to winners only. Winners are required to present a valid state photo ID and social security number in order to pick up any prize. All entrants release Station and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent companies, officers, directors, agents, promotional partners, network providers, and employees from any and all liability with respect to or in any way arising from this Contest and/or acceptance or use of the prize(s), including liability for personal injury, death, damages, or loss. Station is not responsible for prize quality or utility. Station is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions in the Contest. Station assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries. Station is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line-systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to participants or to any person’s computer or data related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this website or contest. Station is not responsible for cheating or fraud by any entrants. Any activities intended to disrupt or interfere with the proper play of the contest, or to defraud the Sponsor in any way, may be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Participants engaging in any of the foregoing activities will be disqualified and will forfeit any prizes won. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of operating as planned, including, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of the Station which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Station reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest and award prizes among eligible entries received in any manner of its choosing. If tickets to a performance are awarded as a prize, Station is not responsible for any cancellation or rescheduling of the event or activity for any reason and has no obligation to reimburse, refund, or otherwise substitute the prize or any form of the prize for another prize should the performance not be rescheduled or vouchers not issued. If the prize is travel tickets, your travel partners, if any, must meet age eligibility requirements and must also execute an affidavit of eligibility, indemnification, and release of liability prior to awarding the prize. Station is not responsible for cancellations or delays in travel accommodations and has no obligation to reimburse, refund, or otherwise substitute any tickets awarded as a part of a travel prize due to such cancellations or delays. Prizes are non- transferable. Prizes may not be exchanged for cash equivalent or alternate prizes unless acceptable to Station. Prize expiration will not be extended for any reason.
21. Station reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or lesser value for all contests and giveaways. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
22. Prizes not claimed within 30 days of being awarded, or in the case of a time sensitive prize, within its period of usability, shall be considered forfeited and will become property of Station. Such prize may be disposed of at the discretion of Station Management.
23. Winners are responsible for paying all applicable local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prize, as set forth in the contest rules, and will be issued an IRS 1099 form for all prizes won from Station where the aggregate value of all prizes is $600 or more.
24. By participating in a Station contest, each contestant hereby consents to the Station and contest sponsors’ usage of the following for on-air broadcast and for advertising and promotional purposes without payment of additional consideration: contestant’s name; voice; likeness; biographical information; his/ her participation in the contest; the substance of the contestant’s telephone call (if any), and any comments that may be recorded in discussions with the contestant during an interview.
25. Odds of winning depend on the how the contest is conducted. For random drawing, the odds of winning depend upon number of eligible entries received. All tie breaking procedures will be announced on-air and/or communicated in writing to tied contest participants.
26. By participating in a Station contest, entrants hereby agree that Station has no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession and/or use of a prize or an entrant’s participation in any such contest.
27. Complete contest rules are available at the Station studios at 2707 Colby Avenue, Suite 1380; Everett, Washington 98201 during normal business hours of 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday or online at www.everettpost.com and clicking on the KRKO or KKXA navigation menu to get to the Contest Rules link.
28. Station contests are subject to all applicable laws and regulations and are void where prohibited.
29. Station is not responsible for any technical difficulties experienced due to overload, busy signals, loss of phone service, electronic problems or any other factor that may prevent an individual from completing a phone call or for any technical malfunction related to any telephone connection, servers, routers, or any other technical problem that may impact entry or prize claim including, without limitation, any internet telephone call connections.
30. Station reserves the right to: (i) terminate or declare any Contest null and void and rescind any prize, if in its sole judgment, the rules or the integrity of the Contest have been violated or compromised in any way, intentionally or unintentionally by any person whether or not a participant in the Contest; (ii) alter or amend these Contest rules at any time; and (iii) stop or conclude the Contest at any time without prior notice. Material changes to the contest rules may be broadcast on-air, when practical.
31. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and any causes of action arising out of or connected with the Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Participants consent to the exclusive jurisdictino of the courts located in Snohomish County, Washington and agree that all matters pertaining to these Official Rules and disputes arising hereunder shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the state of Washington, without regard to any conflicts or choice of law rules or provisions (whether of Georgia or any other jurisdiction). Further, nothwithstanding the Terms, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than participants actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., his or her costs associated with entering this Contest), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision of these Official Rules is found to be invalid or unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
32. These are general contest rules, and rules for individual contests may vary. To the extent that any individual contest rules differ from these rules, the individual contest rules will govern and control.
SR Broadcasting Co., Inc.
CAAM Partnership, LLC.
Classic Country 1520 KKXA-AM
2707 Colby Avenue, Suite 1380
Everett, WA 98201