What a year we have all had, yet…we came together, all over the world. Thanksgiving and Holiday seasons for all faiths in Washington State are coming up. How do we do this? In so many ways. First, enjoy your family and help your friends and families.
Marysville operates an annual Food Bank and Toy Store. It will continue as a drive through this year. They will not be stopped in providing food and holiday joy for kids.
“This year has been such a challenge for everyone,” said Dell Deierling, Director of the Marysville Community Food Bank. “More families than ever have experienced the need to reach out for help.” “I am so grateful that, through community support, the Marysville Community Food Bank has been here to help families by providing food for the table,” Deierling said. “And I am so thankful that this same community, and a special collection of determined volunteers, will once again offer gifts to children through the Marysville Community Food Bank Toy Store. There has never been a more important time for this valuable service to be offered to our families in need.”
You can participate in many ways, they are:
- Donate to the Marysville Community Food Bank at www.marysvillefoodbank.org. Your donation will go directly toward providing meals for families in need; or, if you wish, leave a note for “Toy Store” to help fund Christmas gifts for local children.
- Drop off food or unwrapped gifts in one of the iconic red giving barrels wherever you shop and do business, starting November 5. Dozens of locations across our area are participating.
- Drop off coats or hoodies for children and teens at the Marysville Police Department, 1635 Grove Street.
- Shop the Toy Store’s Amazon Registry at https://tinyurl.com/toystoreamazon. Gifts will ship directly to the Toy Store and as a bonus, Amazon will also donate a portion of your purchase to the Food Bank!
- Follow the Toy Store on Facebook at www.facebook/MarysvilleToyStore for more opportunities to help!
Last year, the Toy Store provided books, coats, and toys to nearly 1,100 local children.
Thanksgiving Food Basket Distribution:
Friday, November 20, 9am – Noon
Monday, November 23, 9am – Noon
Tuesday, November 24, 3pm – 6pm
Christmas Food Basket Distribution:
Friday, December 18, 9am – Noon
Monday, December 21, 9am – Noon
Tuesday, December 22, 3pm – 6pm
Toy Store (*must schedule appointment*)
Wednesday, December 9, 10am – 6pm
Thursday, December 10, 10am – 6pm