Looking for something fun to do with the kids? Join Imagine Children’s Museum on Friday, December 15, 2023, 5:00 – 9:00 pm for a free fun evening of learning and play. Located at 1502 Wall Street in downtown Everett,
It is the biggest children’s museum in the Pacific Northwest. All families with children ages 12 and under are invited to attend this free event, regardless of financial capacity. Community Access Nights are just one of the Museum’s many free and reduced-cost admission programs supporting regional families.
With two floors full of interactive, hands-on exhibits, Imagine is a self-guided facility where fun inspires imaginations! Every interactive space promotes learning and healthy development through play, including:
- Puget Sound Ecosystem Gallery: Marvel at and gently touch the real gray whale skeleton or turn to our first-of-its-kind interactive digital exhibition on whale migration in the Pacific Ocean. Build model ecosystems in our augmented reality sand table or investigate the detail of local fauna and flora with durable digital microscopes.
- Imagine Worldwide Distribution Gallery: Send packages up and down chutes while learning how goods are transported all around the world, providing a cutting-edge introduction to geography and our globally connected economy.
- Art Hangout: Develop creative skills and express yourself with art materials that you may not find at school or at home.
- Tinker Shop: Spend special time together in a workshop with real woodworking tools, offering a magical space for mentorship and the development of self-confidence, problem solving and creativity.
- Engineer It! Learn about the design process and experiment with various engineering challenges in a 15’ wind tunnel.
- Import, Export, Our Port: Imagine being the captain of a tugboat, guiding big ships through our port waters.
- Woodlands Adventure: Go fishing, spot Bigfoot, and climb into the woodland canopy to visit the Birdwatching Tree House where you can discover the diversity of bird life in the Pacific Northwest.
- Wildlife Rescue: Make-believe you’re a veterinarian, caring for plush toy wild animals, with a pretend x-ray station and exam station – all designed to ignite children’s creative play and support career-connected learning.
While at Imagine Children’s Museum, don’t forget to swing by Divy’s Food Truck on the third floor, where you can purchase snacks and drinks that satisfy the whole family! Families looking for holiday gifts can shop at Adventure Toys, the Museum store, where award-winning games and toys are always in stock.
Admission to this Community Access Night is free. Doors open at 5:00 pm and remain open until 9:00 pm. Imagine Children’s Museum is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. “Pay as you can” donations to the Museum are welcome to support evenings like this.
Paid parking is available in the lots surrounding the Museum; please observe signs. Everpark Garage is located at 2815 Hoyt Avenue between Hewitt and California. Free street parking is also available around the Museum.
Consult the websites of Community Transit and Everett Transit for bus routes with stops close to Imagine Children’s Museum.
With a mission to enrich children’s lives through playful learning, Imagine Children’s Museum is a nonprofit organization serving children ages 1-12 and their families. Located in downtown Everett, it offers an emotionally and physically safe space for children and families to engage in playful learning activities and connect with each other in positive ways. Imagine opened a $25 million, three-story expansion that made it the largest children’s museum in Washington. It has long received grassroots, community support to become an integral resource for children, families, schools, youth organizations and social service agencies in Snohomish County and beyond. In 2017 Imagine achieved American Alliance of Museums accreditation, the highest national recognition afforded the nation’s museums, becoming the first accredited children’s museum in the Pacific Northwest.