(Courtesy photo by The Marysville Fire District)

There is another side to a scene like this- awareness


Written by: Nathan Senff

At the mention of fire some might automatically think the worst–death, burns, loss.

There is also another way to look at a fire: A way to help others and prevent the worst.

On April 28, 2017 a fire broke out at 5705 Cedar House Apartments on Grove Street in Marysville, Washington around 4:50 p.m. The fire was not fatal
and did not cause injuries, but it left a family in dire need of hope, clothing and furniture.

The family is being helped by the community and the Red Cross as they cope with a new path ahead.

Fires like these should help the spread of community involvement in becoming more aware of homeowners and their smoke alarms.

The Marysville Fire District said the damage was limited, but they did stress that homeowners need to test smoke alarms every month.

Christie Veley, Public Education & Information Specialist of the Marysville Fire District said, “The family is ok and this shows that homeowners
should be aware of fire risks and keep up on their smoke alarms.”

For more information and smoke alarm awareness you can call the Red Cross at 206-679-4704.