Grab your fishing gear and waders. eginning one hour before official sunrise on September 18, 2021, through one hour after official sunset on November 30, 2021, the Icicle River is open for Coho salmon fishing. Short drive across Highway 2, your freezer is waiting to be stocked for winter.
The open areas are from the closure signs located 800 feet upstream of the mouth of the river to 500 feet downstream of the Leavenworth National Fish Hatchery Barrier Dam and from the shoreline markers where Cyo Road intersects the Icicle River at the Sleeping Lady Resort to the Icicle Peshastin Irrigation Footbridge (approximately 750 feet upstream from the Snow Lakes trailhead parking area).
Here are the rules:
- There is a minimum size of 12”.
- The Daily limit is 4 Coho
- Release salmon other than coho.
- Fishing with bait is prohibited.
- Night closure is in effect.
- Barbed hooks will be allowed.
- Anglers may not use the two-pole endorsement in this fishery.
- Motorized vessels are not allowed on the Icicle River (Chelan County ordinance 7.20.190 motorboat restrictions).
WDFW will be monitoring the fishery closely and may close the season early if necessary due to excessive incidental catch-and-release impacts to ESA-listed summer steelhead. For emergency rule updates, please visit fortress.wa.gov/dfw/erules/efishrules/.