The fleet is in. Every year our Navy Fleet comes into the Seattle area for Seafair. It is a great time for the Navy and Marines to show off their ships and for the Northwest to welcome them and thank them for their service.
Sailors assigned to two U.S. Navy ships will join crews from the U.S. Coast Guard and Royal Canadian Navy in Seattle to participate in Seafair, August 1-7.
On Monday afternoon, August 1st all visiting ships will join in the parade of ships in Elliott Bay. Both U.S. Navy ships will be open for public visitation at Pier 90:
- Tuesday, August 2 from 9:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 3 from 9:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.
- Thursday, August 4 from 9:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.
- Friday, August 5 from 9:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday, August 6 from 9:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m. on the cruiser; and 9:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. on the guided-missile destroyer.
If you have not taken advantage of this opportunity before, you should. To see the inside of these ships and the Sailors and Marines that serve on them is amazing. They proudly show off their ships andprovide insight into what it means to serve and protect our country. The skills needed to man and operate one of these mammoth vessels requires years of specialized training in too many areas to name.