After a hiatus year in 2020, the Evergreen State Fair is happening in 2021. Start making plans now. Their appropriate logo is “Back in the Saddle Again”. You can expect everything you’ve missed. Horse shows and fair food, like buttered corn on the cob, curly fries, corn dogs, BBQ, and ice cream to name a few.
The Fair this year will run from August 26th to August 31st and September 2nd – 6th. The fair will be closed on September 1st to allow thorough cleaning and sanitizing, and to give all the workers and vendors a much-needed break.
There are some changes this year to ensure everyone’s safety. Safety protocols include the following:
- Robust Health & Safety Plan
- 300 hand sanitizer stations around the fair park
- Increased cleaning/sanitizing procedures
- Lower daily capacity
- Limited indoor exhibits/vendors with more spacing between vendors for social distancing
- Gary Weikel exhibit/vendor building will have increased ventilation with roll doors opened
- Most vendors/events/entertainment are outdoors
- No gate specials in order to disperse attendance throughout the 11 days
- Following the state of Washington Mask Mandate for public indoor spaces
- Free N95 masks are available for all guests upon request
- We encourage cashless/contactless transactions
- Safety signage posted around the fair park
Of course, there will be carnival rides, exhibitions, entertainment and much more. Evergreen Speedway will provide the live car action.
Advance tickets are highly recommended. Those can be purchased at Tickets. Visit the link above for all the details, hours, events, vendors, and activities.