(CLARK COUNTY, Nev.) -- A Nevada child died after being infected by a brain-eating amoeba in an "extremely rare" occurrence, the Southern Nevada Health District announced on Wednesday. The district said that the Clark County, Nevada, resident might have been exposed to the amoeba, which... Read More.
(NEW YORK) -- A Florida teen has been battling an infection suspected to be caused by a rare, brain-eating amoeba for over 50 days, as his family prays for him to wake up, they said. Caleb Ziegelbauer, 13, was suffering from a severe headache, high... Read More.
(OMAHA, Neb.) -- A child in Nebraska is suspected to have died from a rare case of brain-eating amoeba, health officials said Wednesday. If confirmed, it will be the first known death from Naegleria fowleri in the state's history, according to the Nebraska Department of... Read More.
(NEW YORK) -- The sweltering summer heat may send swimmers diving head-first into the nearest body of water, but climate change may contribute to life-threatening risks for swimmers as waterborne pathogens thrive and multiply faster in increasingly warming waters, experts said. Scientists are becoming increasingly... Read More.
By ABC News(LAKE JACKSON, Texas) -- After Texas authorities sent an urgent message about brain-eating amoeba found in a southeast county water's supply, the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality lifted a "Do Not Use" water advisory for all areas except... Read More.