(NEW YORK) -- Boeing CEO Dave Calhoun took responsibility for a door plug getting blown out of an Alaska Airlines flight over Oregon earlier this month in the company's fourth quarter earnings call Wednesday."We caused the problem," Calhoun said.Calhoun said that while the company... Read More.
(NEW YORK) -- As federal investigators seek answers into how a door plug detached from the fuselage of an Alaska Airlines aircraft prompting a midair emergency and the temporary national grounding of Boeing 737 Max 9 jets globally, an aviation expert told ABC News... Read More.
(NEW YORK) -- Office retail company Staples was hit with a cyberattack, the company announced in a post on their website Thursday.The cyberattack "caused temporary disruption to the staples.com processing and delivering capabilities, as well as to our communications channels and customer service lines,"... Read More.
(NEW YORK) -- WeWork, the office-sharing company that experienced a dazzling rise and sudden decline that came to symbolize the excesses of business startup culture, filed for bankruptcy on Monday.In 2019, the company was valued at $47 billion. By last week, that figure had plummeted... Read More.
(SHILOH, Ala.) -- Deep in rural southeastern Alabama, nestled in the nook of a highway just outside Elba, sits a tiny, close-knit community known locally as Shiloh. After generations of vibrant family life, the residents of this historically Black neighborhood fear it may not... Read More.
(NEW YORK) -- Recently, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) said it was considering issuing a proposed rule to ban hair straighteners with formaldehyde.Formaldehyde is a chemical and a known carcinogen which has been found to cause an increased risk of endometrial cancers... Read More.
(NEW YORK) -- The first cases of patients likely contracting Legionnaires' disease from transplanted organs have been identified in a new report.The Pennsylvania Department of Health was informed in July 2022, that two patients who recently received lung transplants both had the disease, according... Read More.
(BATON ROUGE, La.) -- The largest wildfire in Louisiana history that has destroyed tens of thousands of acres was caused by arson, state officials announced.The Louisiana State Department of Agriculture and Forestry (LDAF) said it concluded its investigation into the wildfires in Beauregard Parish... Read More.
(NEW YORK) -- Autopsy results on former American swimming champion Jamie Cail reveal her sudden death this year at her residence in the U.S. Virgin Islands was caused by an accidental drug overdose, authorities said.Toxicology results from the autopsy found that the 42-year-old Cail,... Read More.
(NEW YORK) -- Maui's first reported wildfire last week may have been caused by damaged power lines, according to newly released research conducted by a power monitoring company.On Aug. 7, more than an hour before Maui authorities said the first fire erupted according to... Read More.
(TENNESSEE)-- Germantown, Tennessee, has placed a city employee on administrative leave after a diesel spill contaminated the town's water supply and left some residents without access to clean tap water for over a week.The city determined the diesel spill "was in part due to... Read More.
(NEW YORK) -- A red meat allergy caused by tick bites is an "emerging public health concern," according to two new studies from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.Alpha-gal syndrome (AGS) is a serious, potentially life-threatening allergic reaction that arises after people eat... Read More.